Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thanks goes out to .....

On the side of this painting is a quotation by Thoreau:
Our life is frittered away by detail... Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.

I'm not sure I've been heeding his sage advice. It seems like life pulls me (and all of us) in so many directions. As a work-from-home-mom, I definitely get caught up in all the details.
Focusing on my painting helps me stay grounded and centered.

And what a busy couple of weeks for me and my paintings - in a good way with lots of good people.
  • Began a relationship with a gallery on Biltmore in the heat of downtown Asheville - Gallery Minerva. Anna & Mary Collins definitely know what they are doing. Can I call them "brilliant?"
  • Hung a show at Asehville Community Theater with the help of one of the best curators ever. Big thanks to Sara Ledonne!
  • Took down a show at the Asheville Area Arts Council. Sarah Meyers' work ethic and great sense of humor made that a piece of cake for me.
  • Named artist of the month at the shop of the Asheville Art Museum. Hillary and Lindsey couldn't be more fun to work with.
  • Began another relationship with Wild Oats & Billy Goats in Decatur, Georgia. The owners, Weatherly and Hugh couldn't be more energetic, enthusiastic and inspiring.
  • Changed things around at Atelier 24 Lexington - they now just have mini-paintings. It's called the Moni Hill Mini Wall. Gabrielle is another one whose energy is contageous.
Big huge thanks to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive